Chesapeake Bay Crab Salsa Recipes
Baked Potato with Gunther's Crab Salsa
Yield - 1 Serving
- 2 ounces - Crab Salsa
- 1 ounce - Sour Cream
- Chopped - Scallions or Chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Poke holes in potato and wrap in foil
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender
- Remove from foil and place on serving dish, cut a slit in potato and fill with salsa, top with sour cream and herbs
Yield: One 12 inch Pizza
- 6 ounces - Mozzarella Cheese - Shredded
- 6 ounces - Gunther's Crab Salsa
- 4 ounces - Crab Meat Fresh
- 1 ounce - Red Pepper - Small Dice
- 1 ounce - Yellow Pepper - Small Dice
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Oregano Flakes
- To taste - Parmesan Cheese - Fine Grate
- To taste - Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Top the pizza crust with Gunther's Crab Salsa.
- Evenly coat the crust with mozzarella cheese, crab meat, oregano flakes, red and yellow peppers.
- In a preheated 400 degree oven place the pizza directly on the oven rack (which has been placed on the middle setting) and bake for 13 to 16 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven, top with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Slice and serve.
Gunther's Gourmet Seafood Martinis
Yield: 6 Portions
- 6 each - Little Neck Clams - washed thoroughly
- 6 each - Jumbo Scallops - Remove Side Mussel
- 12 each - Shrimp - 21 to 25 count in size - peeled and deveined
- 6 Wedges - Lemon
- 8 ounces - Guacamole
- To taste - Old Bay
- Parsley for Garnish
- 9 ounces - Gunther's Gourmet Crab Salsa
- 6 each - Martini Glasses
- In a covered pot, steam the well cleaned mussels for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until the shells open and the flesh is firm yet springy to the touch. Chill immediately.
- Replace the water and steam the clams for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until the shells open and the clams are firm yet springy to the touch. Chill immediately.
- Replace the water and steam the shrimp for 1 and 1 1/2 minutes or until cooked through. Chill immediately.
- Lightly oil the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a very hot saute pan, sear on both sides for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes (depending on their size) per side or until they're golden brown and cooked through. They should be firm yet springy to the touch. Chill immediately.
- In a clean martini glass, spoon in 1 1/2 ounces of Gunther's Gourmet Crab Salsa. Arrange the chilled mussels, clams, scallops and shrimp. (See picture)
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley and then dip the lemon wedge into some Old Bay and top off your Seafood Martini.
Seafaring Bloody Mary
Yield: 2 portions
- 2 Shots - Vodka (Use good stuff)
- 8 ounces - Tomato Juice
- 2 Stalks - Celery
- 2 each - Lemon Wedges dipped in Old Bay
- Divide the vodka, tomato juice and Gunther's Gourmet Crab Salsa in 2 eight oz tumblers. Mix well.
- Top with Ice.
- Garnish with celery sticks and lemon wedges which have been dipped in Old Bay.
Yield: 16 ounces of Spread
- 8 ounces - Gunther
- To Taste - Parsley Springs & Chopped Parsley for garnish
- To Taste - Crackers of your choice
- Place cream cheese on a serving platter or large plate.
- Bring to room temperature or microwave on high for 15 to 30 seconds until soft but not runny.
- Top with Gunther.
- Fan our crackers around the spread and serve.
- ***Note - lump crab meat can be used as an accent to this dish.*
Seafood Pasta with Gunther
Yield: 6 to 8 Dinner Portions
*Note - All ingredients can be bought pre cooked to save time or can be prepped out a day in advance, which makes assembling quick and easy. This will reduce cooking and clean up time and allow you to spend more time with family and friends. The seafood and meat are just suggestions; you can add or take out whatever you desire.
- 12 ounces - Scallops
- 1 Lb - Shrimp - (I prefer 21 to 25 count), peeled and deveined
- 7 ounces - Sausage Links - (spicy or mild)
- 2 each - Chicken Breast Boneless/Skinless - (approximately 7 to 8 ounces)
- To taste - Parmesan Cheese - Fresh Grated
- To taste - Parsley - Fine Chopped
- To taste - Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- To taste - Salt - Kosher
- 1 Pint - Heavy Cream
- 1 Jar - Gunther
- Penne Pasta - cook to
- Scallops - remove side muscle and season with kosher salt and pepper, saute over high heat almost all the way through, remove from heat and cool. Cut into bite size pieces and store in refrigerator. Can be made a day in advance.
- Shrimp - Peel and devein, season with kosher salt and pepper, saute over high heat until cooked almost all the way through, remove from heat and cool. Cut into bite size pieces and store in refrigerator. Can be made a day in advance.
- Sausage Links - (spicy or mild) Cook through, cool and cut length wise and then cut into half moons. Store in refrigerator. Can be made a day in advance.
- Chicken breast boneless/skinless - (approximately 7 to 8 ounces) Trim off any excess fat, season with kosher salt and pepper and grill or saute until cooked through. Chill, cut into strips and chill in refrigerator. Can be made a day in advance.
- Once all ingredients are prepped and ready, assembling is quite easy; *In a large stock pot, add heavy cream and Gunther.