Jalapeno Salsa Fresca Recipes
Black & White Bean Quesadilla with Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
Yield: 4 serving
- 8 ounces - Mozzarella Cheese - Shredded
- 8 ounces - Gunther's Gourmet Black & White Bean Salsa
- 2 ounces - Vegetable Oil
- 12 ounces - Gunther's Gourmet Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
- Place flour tortillas flat on the counter and cover 1/2 of each tortilla with shredded mozzarella cheese. Then spread Gunther's Gourmet Black & White Bean Salsa over the cheese.
- Fold the plain half of the tortilla over the half with toppings so it looks like a half moon.
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in in a large saute pan (make sure the pan can hold two quesadillas without touching) and bring to medium high heat.
- Place two of the quesadillas in the pan and saute until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove and place on cutting board and let rest for about three minutes.
- Follow these instructions for the remaining two quesadillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into three or four triangular pieces, arrange on plate (see picture) and top with diced peppers and Gunther's Gourmet Jalapeno Salsa Fresca.
- This is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe. For a heartier meal, grilled chicken breast strips, steak meat or cooked seafood can be added.
Mexican Meatloaf with Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
Yield - 1 2lb Meatloaf. Serves 6 to 8
- 2 each - Eggs
- 6 to 8 ounces - Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
- 2 ounces - Diced Canned Jalapeno's
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup - Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place oven rack on middle setting.
- Place ground beef in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, add salsa, eggs, and chopped jalapenos and mix
- Add bread crumbs 1/3 of a cup at a time, mix well and keep adding crumbs until the meat is "tacky" to the touch.
- On a baking sheet (sprayed with non stick cooking spray), form the meat into a "loaf" form, making sure it is uniform in size from top to bottom and left to right. This ensures easy cooking.
- Place in preheated oven and cook 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice and serve. Top with Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca.
Southwest Sliders with Hot Peppers and Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca Salsa
Yield: 6 Sliders (2 Servings)
- 6 Each - Mini Rolls
- 3 Slices - Pepper Jack Cheese
- 6 Each - Jalapeno Slices
- 3 to 4 ounces - Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
- Salt & Pepper - To taste
- 10 Each - Jalapeno Poppers (store bought)
- Roll ground beef into 6 (2 oz each) mini balls and flatten into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry burgers 1 to 2 minutes each on each side or until cooked to medium. Top each burger with 1/2 slice of pepper jack cheese and melt.
- While cooking burgers, cook jalapeno poppers according to instructions on box.
- Place each burger on bottom of each roll, top each with one tablespoon of Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca and one slice of jalapeno pepper.
- Plate and serve with poppers. (See picture)