Mexican Meatloaf with Gunther's Salsa Fresca
Yield: One 2 lb Meatloaf - Serves 6 to 8
- 2 each - Eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup - Bread Crumbs
- 6 to 8 ounces - Gunther's Jalapeno Salsa Fresca
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place oven rack on middle setting.
- Place ground beef in a mixing bowl, season with a salt and pepper, add salsa, eggs and mix.
- Add bread crumbs 1/3 of a cup at a time, mix well and keep adding crumbs until the meat is "tacky" to the touch.
- On a baking sheet (sprayed with non stick cooking spray). Form the meat into a "loaf" form, making sure is it uniform in size from top to bottom and left to right. This ensures even cooking.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice and serve, top with Gunther's Salsa Fresca.