Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn Salsa Recipes
Baked Potato with Gunther's Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn Salsa
Yield - 1 Serving
- 2 ounces - Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn Salsa
- 1 ounce - Sour Cream
- 1/2 ounce - Chopped Jalapenos
- Chopped - Scallions or Chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Poke holes in potato and wrap in foil
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender
- Remove from foil and place on serving dish, cut a slit in potato and fill with salsa, top with sour cream, jalapenos and herbs
Yield: 6 Portions
- 2 ounces - Onion - Medium Diced
- 1 Quart - Chicken Stock
- 2 Cloves - Garlic, Minced
- 4 ounces - Potato - Small Dice
- 12 ounces - Gunther's Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn Salsa
- In a deep sauce pot, render bacon until crisp but not burnt, add dice onion and saute in bacon fat until tender. Add garlic and cook until tender.
- Add chicken stock, Gunther's Salsa and stir.
- Add diced potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh chopped herbs.
- ***Note - leftover roasted chicken, steamed clams or any other meat and vegetable can be added to make the soup heartier*
Yield: 4 portions
- 4 each - Sesame Seeded Kaiser Rolls
- 4 slices - Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 slices - Fresh Tomato
- 4 slices - Red Onion
- 8 ounces - Gunther's Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn Salsa
- 4 leaves - Romaine Lettuce
- 2 each - Jalapeno Peppers - Sliced
- Take meat and divide into 4 6 oz burgers. Pan fry or grill to desired doneness.
- Lightly toast buns
- Heat Gunther's Gourmet Spicy Chipotle Pepper and Smoked Corn Salsa in a small pot over medium low heat.
- Place cooked burgers on roll and top with cheese. Place under broiler and melt cheese.
- Top with heated salsa, lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapenos and mustard or mayonnaise.
- Serve with a side of your favorite pickles, fries or your favorite sides.
Steak Fajitas with Gunther
Yield: 6 to 8 Fajitas
- 1 each - Red Pepper - Batonnet Slices (approximately 6 ounces)
- 1 each - Yellow Pepper - Batonnet Slices (approximately 6 ounces)
- 1 each - Green Pepper - Batonnet Slices (approximately 6 ounces)
- 2 to 3 Cloves - Garlic - Fresh & Minced
- 12 ounces - Gunther
- 6 - 8 each - Flour Tortillas
- 2 -3 ounces - Olive Oil
- To taste - Kosher Salt
- To taste - Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Season both sides of steak with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Grill until desired doneness, depending on thickness - about 3 to 5 minutes on each side for a medium rare. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Meanwhile, heat rest of olive oil in a rondeau pan or high sided saute pan. Add red, yellow, green peppers and red onions. Saute til tender and just starting to caramelize. About 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute until light brown.
- Pour Gunther.
- Remove from heat and check seasoning. Add kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper if needed.
- Place on side of a platter or in a bowl on the side of a nicer platter.
- Slice steak thin and fan out around pepper and onion mixture.
- Lightly steam tortillas and serve on a side dish.
- Let your family or guest build their own fajita - this makes for a very social meal as everyone is interacting with each other while building their own entree.
- *Note - this dish can also be accompanied by sour cream and Gunther.